Friday, December 31, 2004

Negro League Legends Hall of Fame?

Every once in a while I see a reference to the Negro League Legends Hall of Fame. This is the Museum that is to be built at 915 12th St. NE (currently an empty lot). The Hall is supposedly set to open sometime in 2006. The held a "ground breaking" ceremony in mid-August, but as far as I can tell, they have yet to actually break ground. I'm not sure if the plans are still on for this project, or if this yet another instance of someone's funding falling through on a construction project. A Google search elicits little more than assorted short blurbs (written months ago) about the museum. Well, the website is still up, so I guess that's something.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

www.negroleaguelegendshalloffame.org

inked said...

Yeah, that's the same site I link to. Not really any info on the site, but it does seem to look different than the last time I saw it (I think). Plus, the copyright for page materials is 2005, so I guess that's a sign that someone is doing something on this.

Tom A. said...

damnm this blog is old!

Congrats!