Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Renovation & Shopping @ the Florida Market

I stopped off at the wholesale food district/Florida Market area yesterday to pick up some quick greens. While I was there I noticed that a couple of buildings (one large, and one very small on Morse between 3rd & 4th) were completely fenced off. I ask someone about it & he told me there are immediate plans to renovate the two buildings. I'm referring to the tiny house next to Young's & the large building across from Best Kitchen Supply.

As for the shopping (Sam Wang's & Kang's Farms):
2 bushels of spinach
one red pepper
5 roma tomatoes
3 vine tomatoes
2 stalks of bok choy
5 cans sardines
a couple of handfuls of mushrooms
1 japanese eggplant
_______________
$10.13

Just as a side note, Kang's Farms has a great selection of rices (including my favorite brown rice from California) & beans in bags larger than you will find at the revamped Safeway at Hechinger (I think the Safeway made space for new products by eliminating the larger sized versions of old products).

No comments: