Friday, April 14, 2006

Progress Marches on @ Englert Spots

IMG_1765
The exterior of Palace of Wonders
I recently peered in the windows of the Red & the Black & Palace of Wonders (aka "Showbar") & both seem to be coming along nicely. The Red & the Black looks less divey that the Argonaut, so that should appease anyone fearing that all of these places will look/feel the same. The Red & the Black also looks very close to done. Palace of Wonders still needs work. I noticed that they have mounted what appear to be organ pipes along the back of the bar.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

In non-Englert terms, driving down H St last night I noticed the Ohio had its doors open and there was at least a small crowd visible through the door as well as people milling around outside. Saw R&B's door open, too. I hope some folks were there.

Anonymous said...

What about the Pug or the Beehive? I thought the Pug was supposed to open back in February?

Anonymous said...

the red and black bar will be opening in three weeks. The site is live now as well. http://www.redandblackbar.com/

inked said...

Permits. I'm hearing a couple more months for the Pug, but permits can really stretch things out.

inked said...

Thanks for the update soulfuze.

Anonymous said...

red and black looks beautiful. but, er, the "palace" needs a new exterior color scheme. i think my eyes are bleeding over here. LOL.