Friday, June 23, 2006

Capitol Hill 4th of July Parade

A message from an organizer for the Capitol Hill 4th of July Parade (because sometimes it's worthwile to take a field trip to the south side of the Hill):

Hi Everyone!

Yes, it's that time of year again and I'm deep in the planning stage for the 4th annual 4th of July parade on Capitol Hill! Sponsored once again by the Capitol Hill Cluster School PTA and Robert Bergman! I'm writing to you all to get the word out and also to see if anyone would like to volunteer the day of. We will follow the same route as last year, down 8th street, SE from Pennsylvania to I St and back again beginning at 10am. Marchers will line up at about 9:30. I already have a bunch of people and antique cars lined up, but if you'd like to get a group together, you MUST let me know by June 29th. June 29th will be the FINAL deadline for all registrants! We'll have all the usual fun things to give away (flags, pinwheels, bubbles, beach balls, necklaces, plus balloons) and a HUGE bake sale to benefit the Eastern HS marching band. Last year we raised OVER $1200 for the band!

I'll need a few people to help me line up the marchers, hand out the programs and fill balloons to decorate the route starting at 9am. Also, if you'd like to prepare a baked item for the sale that would be great! Last year two moms EACH prepared OVER 15 ITEMS, which was the bulk of our stuff for sale, so really how easy is it to prepare just one dozen cupcakes! :) You don't have to go to those extremes of course, ANYTHING will be greatly appreciated!

If you can't help out, just come to watch. This parade has exceeded my wildest expectations and it really is super fun for everyone! If you would like to help out, please email me back or give me a call at 202-546-2291.

Thanks everybody!

Gina Arlotto

No comments: