Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Sherwood Soccer Tonight

IMG_5326
Join neighbors for a pick-up game of soccer tonight at 6:30 at Sherwood Rec. [10th and G]. All ages and skill levels are welcome.


A message from the organizer-


Hello everyone,

I've heard several suggestions about changing our weekly Wednesday evening game to sometime during the weekend. I have heard Sunday suggested, but I'm open to Saturday morning as well. I am open to either option, but I wanted to hear what you guys think first. Here are my thoughts on either option.

Saturday/Sunday morning

Pros: Easier to beat the heat by playing in the morning, we may get better turnout since the game won't conflict with work schedules.
Cons: A lot of people (including myself) try to escape town during the weekends, Saturday/Sunday mornings may be rough for those recovering from the night before.

Wednesday evening

Pros: Doesn't interfere with weekend plans
Cons: The weather is usually pretty hot at this time of day, it's difficult for people to make it to Sherwood by 6:30 after work, as the days get shorter so will our games,

2 comments:

MJ said...

I'd probably show if it wasn't on the same night as the concert series at the DC historic museum

Anonymous said...

I've only made it once (and can't make it tonight) but the Wednesday time is great. It's nice to have something to do after work. I don't think I'd make it out if it were on a weekend.