Thursday, July 30, 2009

Dumpling/Ramen Bar is a Go

IMG_3776
You've read the speculation on my part, but it is now confirmed. The second floor above the Pug will become a dumpling/ramen bar. I'm pretty excited. I love both dumplings, and ramen, but around here the options have mostly been Sticky Rice, or carry out. I love Sticky, but I also desire some diversity in my dumplings. So, like I said, I'm happy to hear of this development. Eric, formerly of Sticky Rice, is involved. Apparently the concept has caught on in NYC, and is now coming here.

11 comments:

Chris Metzler said...

Wow, *that's* neat. Timetable? Obviously at this early juncture one can't be specific, but are we talking a year away? Three years away?

Kate said...

mmmm...I'll start refining my chopstix technique now!

Anonymous said...

awesome !!!! yeah for Eric !

Benny said...

YAY! More places to eat on H Street = joy.

Tom A. said...

sounds interesting, but makes me wonder when the Kraft Mac and Cheese restaurant is going to open!

Anonymous said...

Dont joke! Ive seen Mac and Cheese bars in NYC.

Anonymous said...

http://wagamama.us/

Anonymous said...

Vancouver, BC has tons of noodle, and dumpling places. It's a great way to get a very tasty and healthy meal at a small price. I'm excited.

Now if we could get the Portland food carts to migrate here, I'd be in even in a higher level of bliss.

mapgirl said...

Finally. The number one thing I miss about San Francisco is not the cheap sushi, but Tampopo Ramen bar in Japantown. Sweet!

Kenny G said...

Dang-- they beat me to it! Mine was going to be called "Forever and Ever Ramen".

inked said...

Chris Metzler,
my understanding is that they are trying to fast track this one. I haven't seen the space, so I have no idea how much work need to be done.