Thursday, August 27, 2009

Clothing Exchange @Sova

Sova's got a new clothing exchange event going on. Here's the press release:

Clothing Exchange at SOVA : Keeping H St. Cool

If you miss your hometown's awesome, fair-priced clothing exchange, weep no more. DC will now have its own small version. The doors of the H Street Clothing exchange open this Thursday.

How does it work?

Bring me your tired, your under-worn, your bundled masses of clothes yearning to break out of the closet and I will buy them from you. While you're at it, you can acquire some sweet vintage/designer/random finds at a non-outrageous cost.

Clothing exchanges are good for the planet, good for your pocketbook, and will under most circumstances increase your hotness. Now you can feel good about the consumer choice you've made to look like a drugged up slutty American Apparel model.

This is also our bi-weekly bluegrass night, so slip on your buckskins, and come on down for some good old mountain music. And if you're a player, bring your instrument for our late night jam session to follow.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

SOVA is such a cool spot,always bringing fresh ideas to his establishment.Thanks for thinking outside of the box.



5th Street

Anonymous said...

Stupid question---is this ONLY on Thursdays, or everday, from Thursday forward?

Anonymous said...

Went to this event last night with my girlfriend, and it was awesome. I've only been in there twice before for coffee, but I had one of my best H St experiences last night. There was a cool crowd of about 60 - 70 people, and aside from it being pretty hot and crowded, I had a blast listening to some good bluegrass and socializing with a few other people there. I'll definitely be back soon.

Anonymous said...

The bluegrass night has been awesome every time I've gone (about 4 times now) but I will say it is waaayyyy too hot up there and there really needs to be some effort to make it comfortable. I mean you sweat just sitting there, that isn't cool. Especially in front of new people.

grassman said...

I would have had another glass of wine however, it was way too hot to hang around. As a result I left early.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, it was hot as Hades in there, but a great time had by me and my friends from out of town. They had an awesome H St night. Started at Sticky first, then on to the CC, and finished up with Sova.

On the plus side, summer is almost over, so maybe the A/C issue won't persist

poo poo posts said...

wow! that is so cool!

nikkiO said...

Is more info on the clothing exchange available?