Friday, November 20, 2009

WP: 2nd Arrest in Rawlings Shooting

The Post reports that a second man (19 year old DeAngelo Edwards) has now been arrested in connection with the fatal shooting of George Rawlings (21) as he boarded the X2 bus. Rawlings had just left the funeral of a friend who was murdered on Halloween night. MPD sources have suggested that Rawlings was a person of interest (a possible supplier of the car) in the murder of that friend. Seventeen year old Jeffery Britt has already been charged with first degree murder in the death of George Rawlings. 

An MPD press release now indicates that Edwards has been charged with Murder One While Armed.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think there is a typo here... you wrote Charles Rawlings at the end when I think you meant George.

inked said...

Thanks. I don't where I got Charles.

Unknown said...

Hi! I am a student at the American University and I am currently doing a research project on the neighborhood blogs in the DC area. I would like to email you a five-minute survey on your neighborhood blog, but I can’t find contact data here. Could you please send me an email to brandrike(at)gmail(dot)com so I can send you the survey? You would greatly help me with my research. Thank you! Rike

Anonymous said...

Does the Trinidad neighborhood have a local news paper like the northwest current or is Voices on the Hill it?

inked said...

Trinidad has no local newspaper.

Anonymous said...

charles iii is brother rawlings, charles jr. is daddy rawlings