Saturday, April 24, 2010

Earth Day, What Did You Do?

IMG_6368
Azaleas at the Arboretum

I went with friends for a clean-up at Kingman Island, followed by brunch at Sticky Rice. The Asian style pancakes ($6) are great. I can't recall the exact title on the menu, and I'm not finding the brunch menu online, but they were larger than I expected. They are also vegan in case that matters to any potential diners. If you haven't checked out Kingman Island (free 9am-5pm everyday), you should.



Other good nearby escapes into nature:
National Arboretum (free 8am-5pm everyday) and the Kenilworth Aquatic Gardens (free 7am-4pm, but go early to catch the blooms).

5 comments:

curmudgeon said...

Hey, some of the SEs (plus maybe a few Barra and La Norte folks, dunno) joined in at Kingman Island too.

Anonymous said...

I hosted an Earth Day event in SE DC.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2192852&id=6902569&l=023bda04e7

Derek said...

I helped plant 30 trees with Casey Trees near Fort Mahan park. There are now 49 new trees to complete a DCBIA Community Improvement Day event last Sept. The area looks great now.

Derek said...

http://www.dcbia.org/event_community.html

Jesse said...

The dogs and I made sure the block was trash free on Saturday morning... :)