Sunday, August 08, 2010
Starburst Paving Winds Up
DDOT Director Moneme, Mayor Fenty, and Ward 6 Councilmember Wells at the 2008 ribbon cutting for the Starburst
Here's the press release:
Final Roadway Paving Scheduled August 10-17
Throughout The Starburst Intersection
Of 15th Street, H Street, Benning and Bladensburg Roads
and Maryland Avenue NE
Brief Traffic Lane Closures Will Rotate Through the Area
As The Work Progresses
The District Department of Transportation (DDOT) has scheduled the final surface paving for the Starburst intersections of 15th Street, H Street, Benning and Bladensburg Roads and Maryland Avenue and portions of each of these roadways on Tuesday, August 10, through Tuesday, August 17, weather permitting .
This work will require lane closures of a few hours each, affecting each segment of the roadway as a segment is being paved. The lane closures will be rotated through the work area so as to apply only to the segment being paved at any given time. The work will begin at 7:00 am on weekdays and 9:00 am on Saturday.
As each segment is being paved, street parking will be prohibited in that segment. Signs will be in place and flaggers will be on hand to assist motorists and pedestrians.
The affected roadways are:
• Benning Road from the 15th Street Starburst intersection east to 16th Street;
• H Street from a point in the 1400 block into the Starburst intersection;
• Bladensburg Road from Morse Street south into the Starburst intersection;
• Maryland Avenue on the north side of the Starburst intersection southwest from Neal Street to the intersection with Bladensburg Road;
• Maryland Avenue on the south side of the Starburst intersection from 14th Street into the intersection at 15th Street, and
• 15th Street north from Gales and G Streets into the Starburst intersection.
The application of the Superpave surface course marks completion of all of the roadway work in the Benning Road Reconstruction Project. Work within the Starburst Plaza is due for completion by early September of this year. The Benning Road section from 16th Street to Oklahoma Avenue was substantially completed in mid-December 2009.
More information about the project is available on the DDOT website, http://ddot.dc.gov/DC/DDOT/ under the Ward 7 portion of the "Projects and Planning" section.
Thank you for your patience
For more information or assistance, please call on us at any time.
Community Relations Specialist
MACTEC Engineering and Consulting Inc.
Posted by inked at 12:17 PM