Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Night Goat & Flights of Fancy at City Gallery

Press release:


Picture 9

City Gallery is pleased to present pastel paintings and pen and ink drawings by

Ellen Cornett in a show entitled “Night Goat and Other Flights of Fancy.” The exhibit will run from August 29 to September 25, 2010. City Gallery will host a reception on September 11, 2010 from 6-9pm. The event is free.

About this show Cornett says, “I assemble my work piece by piece using a sheep here and a ceramic chicken there. Childhood memories, musings on age, thoughts about the world in general all inform the work in different ways. I alternate between making large, vivid strokes of vibrant color in chalk pastel and creating finely rendered small pen and ink studies. Each helps me see more clearly and emboldens my work.”

Cornett’s drawings and paintings have won numerous awards and been exhibited frequently throughout the Washington, DC area. 804 H Street, NE #1

No comments: