Thursday, September 22, 2011

Found Dog Near 17th & E NE

photo

A reader writes in regarding a dog she found:

I live in Rosedale and while walking my own two dogs this morning (around 7:30 am Thursday) this little dog (a female Yorkie) followed us nearly into our house. She isn't wearing a collar, and she was soaking wet so may have spent the night outside. She's friendly though a little shy. We've put her in our backyard for now, in hopes that we can find her owners quickly. I can be reached at bcourtot (at) yahoo.com.

++++++++
UPDATE
++++++++

This dog is now safely home with her owner.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's not the dog lost from the Safeway is it?

http://www.princeofpetworth.com/2011/09/dog-stolen-from-the-the-17th-and-corcoran-st-nw-safeway-entrance/

Anonymous said...

Looks like she went swimming in the Rosedale pool.

inked said...

1:41,
The dog from the Safeway is definitely a male, and not a yorkie.

ro said...

I think I know that dog. I don't have the owners' contact info, but I'll walk by and knock on their door and see if it's their dog that's lost.

Anonymous said...

I hope she finds her way home! Always sad to read about lost pups...

Anonymous said...

I'm glad she found her way home.

Just a note- I've noticed a lot of people in the area allow their dogs to wander off-leash. I see off-leash dogs (almost unequivocally small ones) all the time, often when their owner is not even in sight. I sincerely wish owners would be more careful. Just a few weeks ago a neighbor's dog got killed due to being allowed to roam the street with no supervision. It's very sad for the pups.

(btw, I'm not saying this person's dog was off-leash as I don't know the situation, but she reminded me of the little dogs I often see wandering around).

Anonymous said...

Inked, THANK YOU SO MUCH for providing this invaluable service. Time and time again you have been instrumental in reuniting lost dogs & cats with their owners, and we in the neighborhood are so lucky to have someone so dedicated to the community and the people (and pets) who live in it.

Anonymous said...

He looks delicious.

Anonymous said...

Another day or two on the street and he might have ended up in one of Khan's stir fries

Dave B said...

Does cooking dog meat next to beef upset people like cooking chicken next to beef?