Thursday, October 13, 2011

A Great Opportunity to Bone Up on DC History

Greater Greater Washington is sponsoring an upcoming discussion with the authors of Dream City: Race, Power, and the Decline of Washington, DC (video autoplays). This is an amazing book, and I do not exaggerate when I say that it just might change the way you view DC forever. Mike DeBonis (one of my favorite local journalists!) of the Washington Post will moderate the discussion. The event takes place October 17th at 7pm. Highly recommended for both lifelong residents of the District, and transplants. For the record, this is the best book that I have ever read about the District of Columbia.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Does anyone know what's happening with the space on the corner of 4th and I NE? Currently, it is a big grassy open space...surrounded the remnants of an old Uhaul building.

Here's the Google Street view -- http://g.co/maps/y98hs


I noticed that the fence has been taken down and that there now appears to be a temporary van set up there. (the type of fan that surveyors might be using, or something).


Sorry for being so off topic, this blog is really the only place I can think of to ask this question.