Monday, August 27, 2012

Hazardous Fumes in Alley Behind 1213 I Street

There was a bit of frightening excitement in the 1200 block of I Street this morning. Two DPW workers were hit hard by a hazardous vapor cloud. The situation is resolved now, but here's how it played out on Twitter:

Here's some info on muriatic acid (also known as hydrochloric acid, which might have been the substance at work here).


Anonymous said...

That is probably the cloud where Tubbs backs up his computer :)

diane on I St NE said...

I wonder where this came from. I live at 1211 and we left early for school, but when I returned it was cleared up and they were getting ready to leave.

Anonymous said...

Sorry guys, I farted

Anonymous said...

It's typically used for cleaning masonry though there are less dangerous alternatives.