Union Market Now Open 5 Days a Week
Union Market (1309 5th Street) now officially operates five days a week. They are celebrating with five events this weekend that should give you ample cause to to check out the market, whether you've been before, or not. Full press release after the jump.
UNION MARKET OFFICIALLY OPENS FIVE DAYS A WEEK
WHAT: Union Market, the highly anticipated food market redeveloped by EDENS, one of the nation’s leading retail real estate owners and developers, will officially open five days a week, Wednesday through Sunday, beginning November 10, 2012.
Five Ways We’re Celebrating Union Market This Weekend:
1) Amanda McClements will be hosting a holiday gift pop-up shop on November 9th, 10th and 11th. This is a preview for her new lifestyle boutique, Salt & Sundry, opening soon.
2) Crafty Bastards Arts & Crafts Fair – Saturday, November 10th from 10AM – 5PM in the Union Market parking lot. Admission is $5. The Crafty Bastards Arts & Crafts Fair, in its ninth year, is an exhibition and sale of handmade alternative arts and crafts from independent artists presented by the Washington City Paper.
3) Foodie & The Beast Radio Show will broadcast live from Union Market on Sunday, November 11th from 11AM – 12PM. The show will feature Union Market vendors as well as Richie Brandenburg, Director of Culinary Strategy for EDENS.
4) Lamb Burger Cook-Off, sponsored by the American Lamb Board, will take place Sunday, November 11th from 12PM – 1PM. Five DC bloggers will compete in a cook-off judged by a panel of professional judges, as well as market patrons.
5) The American Red Cross will hold a blood drive sponsored by Yelp!DC on Sunday, November 11th from 11AM – 4PM.
WHEN: Union Market Hours of Operation:
Wednesday – Friday; 11AM – 8PM
Saturday – Sunday; 8AM – 8PM
WHERE: Union Market
1309 5th Street NE
Washington, DC 20002
About Union Market:
Union Market is an artisanal, curated, year-round food market featuring over 40 local vendors. Through a highly selective process, Union Market is composed of the finest food artisans ranging from up-and-coming entrepreneurs to well known restaurateurs all creating a unique culinary experience. Union Market vendors include: Rappahannock Oysters Co,; Buffalo & Bergen created by well-known mixologist Gina Chersevani; Salt & Sundry, an Amanda McClements’ lifestyle boutique; Righteous Cheese; Peregrine Espresso; Lyon Bakery; Trickling Springs Creamery; Harvey’s Market; Oh! Pickles; Almaala Farms; DC Empanadas and TaKorean.