Tuesday, February 04, 2014

New Commanders for 1st & 5th District

Screen Shot 2014-02-04 at 8.15.22 PM
A map of the 1st District from MPD's website

News came today of new Commanders for both the 1st & 5th Districts (the areas covered by this blog). Emails explaining the change appear below.

First District:

Chief Lanier has assigned me to work on a project that she has identified as a priority.  It has been a pleasure for me to serve at the Commander of the First District for the last two and half years. This has been one of my best work experiences because of the outstanding Officers who work here and because of a community that supports us and is willing to become involved. I welcome the new First District Commander, Jeff Brown, and I am certain that he will benefit from your continued support.

Commander Daniel P. Hickson
First District
101 M Street SW
Washington, DC 20024
(202) 729-2037 Office
(202) 270-2279 Cell

Screen Shot 2014-02-04 at 8.15.47 PM
A map of the 5th District from MPD's website

5th District:

Good Morning Community Members,

As a native Washingtonian, it is with anticipation and pleasure that I have been selected to serve as the Commander of the Fifth District. I am familiar with the Fifth District, as I previously resided in the Woodridge area for approximately nine years. I am excited to be working with my fellow Metropolitan Police Department members and returning to the Fifth District community.

I have 23-years of service with the Metropolitan Police Department. During my tenure, I have been previously assigned to the First, Second, Sixth and Seventh Patrol Districts, as well as various administrative assignments. My most recent assignment was in Patrol Services and School Security Bureau.

I look forward to seeing you in the community.

Dierdre N. Porter, Commander
Fifth District Commander
Metropolitan Police Department
1805 Bladensburg Road, NE
Washington, DC 20002
Phone: (202) 698-0150
Fax: (202) 727-8453
E-mail Dierdre.Porter@dc.gov

2 comments:

Cole Swindell said...

I will miss Solberg, he was awesome. Hoping this Deirdre continues the pattern of excellence.

Annoyingmous said...

I loved the commander we had before Hickson, Dave Kamperin -- I thought he was great. Hickson I was -eh- about. I hope our new 1D overlord is good.