All H Street Merchants and local Residents are invited to attend this meeting.
1333 H Street
• Introduction of the Merchants- Merchants introduce themselves and the businesses they represent
• Policing the Corridor- A discussion of police tactics and strategies; feedback from merchants- what works and what isn’t working.
• Security Measures- Is there a need for more surveillance cameras on H Street and in the alleys?
• Parking – Loading zones, large trucks on neighborhood streets are shearing off side view mirrors of parked cars, SUV’s etc. Representative from DCDOT
• Seeking Help of the Merchants- To assist the MPD to implement a pilot program of crime prevention through economic development- hiring neighborhood youth for part-time jobs, sponsoring tutoring, contracting with neighborhood youth businesses to perform services for merchants such as window washing, janitorial, landscaping, etc. Phil Johnson-SSTLLC-Neighborhood Resident
• Merchant Organization -Why it is critical for the merchants to become formally organized-
Communication with the merchants will be more efficient through and organizational structure rather than on an individual basis.
• Local Neighbors -It is important that the merchants establish an ongoing relationship with the neighborhood and get involved, support certain efforts with youth to help prevent crime.
As issues manifest themselves there will be a mechanism to address the issues with the MPD or other city agencies as an organization rather than seeking individual solutions.
All are Welcome to this open discussion, please attend.