Friday, August 07, 2015

Found Parakeet

unnamed-5

A reader writes in with news of a parakeet he found in his front yard. Do you recognize this bird?

This afternoon I got home from work around 5:30 and found this sweet little gal chillin on the rose bush in front of my house. She (actually I have no idea, could be a he) is a small blue parakeet with a white face and a black and white almost zebra stripping on her back neck. Very pretty. She is/was obviously someone's pet and had a metal tag on one of her legs. I was able to wrangle her into a box and dropped her at the Humane Society on NY Ave a couple hours ago. Hopefully someone is looking for her and can get into contact with the shelter to get her home safely.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ohh I think I know the owner, I saw her trying to reach the bird on Gallaudet university front gate. Look exactly like the bird on the picture.