28 EMULSION 2016 artists compete for three cash prizes awarded Saturday, April 9 at 8:30pm
EMULSION, an annual juried art exhibition, is back for its third year at Gallery O on H (1354 H Street). Tell your friends from near and far to head down and check out the fun and festivities. It's easily accessible via the X2 bus and the streetcar, but the event will also offer valet parking across the street at 1353 H Street this Saturday for opening night.
- Saturday, April 9th 8-11pm, with an award ceremony at 8:30pm.
- Musician Wes Felton will perform.
- Panel discussion on how members of DC’s artist community have documented and experienced displacement in DC. Tuesday, April 12th 6:30-8:30pm
- EMULSION 2016 artist Ben Barker will paint the portrait of live models and answer any questions you may have about this time-honored process. Wednesday, April 13th 6:30-8:30pm
- EMULSION 2016 artists discuss their work and process. Thursday, April 14th 6:30-8:30pm
- Discover your inner artist with Plaza Artist Materials, Windsor & Newton and Liquitex where participants will have the opportunity to work with multiple techniques. Saturday, April 16th 1-5pm
- book making
- water colors and markers
- collage techniques/acrylic mediums.
People's Choice Award
- Saturday, April 16th 6-8pm with an awards ceremony 6:30pm
- Sunday, April 10th 12-4pm
- Tuesday-Friday, April 12-15th 6-9pm
- Saturday, April 16th 1-8pm
Maryland Art Place Executive Director Amy Cavanaugh Royce
PRODUCTION—East City Art Media