Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Missing Cat Near 13th & Wylie [UPDATE: He's Home Safe]

unnamed-1

++++++++++++++++
UPDATE
++++++++++++++++

This cat is now home safe and going by the name Hancock.

Hancock's person, Thomas, sent along this note:

I want to thank you and all the Trinidad / H Street folks who have helped me find Hancock.  He went missing three weeks ago today when his carrier broke on the way to Atlas Veterinary Clinic.  (By the way, the folks at Atlas gave me fantastic support and assurance, even though Hancock never made it to the vet that day.  Thanks, Z.)  He is back home safe and sound tonight (though with an extra scar on his nose and another missing tuft of ear).  

I met so many good folk on my walk-about searches in the neighborhood, putting up the lost cat posters, peering into folks back yards from the alleyways, and wandering about like a crazy old coot whispering “Here, kitty, here kitty.”    My heartfelt thanks goes out to those people who called, even if it turned out be Hancock’s doppelganger, and to the volunteers and staff at the Humane Rescue Alliance.  Special thanks goes to Sharif at Staples, who gave me special consideration for over 120 posters.  (I promise I will try to find them all and take them down.)   

I am most grateful,  however, to the young lady on 12th Street, who thought she had seen him, called me immediately several days ago (though he had scurried away), and who, today, lured him into her house with a can of tunafish.   She is my official hero for 2017.  Thank you, thank you, thank you, C!  

My best buddy is back.



++++++++++++++++

A neighbor is seeking the missing cat shown above. The neighbor writes:

I had taken in an outside cat to foster two weeks ago when the weather began to get very cold.  I had an appointment to take him to the vet for a checkup this evening, Monday, December 12.   A few steps away from the Atlas Veterinary Clinic on H Street, the door to his cat carrier broke.  He raced away, frightened by all the street noise.  


He was last seen running north from the alley through the apartment complex near Wylie and 13th Street.  He is friendly, but shy, and terrified of cars.  He is a dark grey tabby with a white belly and unusual brown patch on his chin, 12 lbs.  When he disappeared, he was wearing a green flea collar, but no ID.  

There is a $100 reward for anyone finding him.

Last seen near 13th & Wylie, the missing cat is friendly, but shy and terrified of cars. He's a dark gray tabby with a white belly and a brown patch on his chin. He weighs 12 lbs, and disappeared wearing a green flea collar, but no tags. Please call 202-425-8668 if you spot him. You can also email tips (perhaps you've seen this cat lurking about?) to thomas.taylor.dc[at]gmail.com.