Map from from the Union Market District StreetFest webpage
Cross your fingers for nice weather this weekend, because there's a lot happening in what the kids these days are calling the Union Market District. Regardless of what you call the area, you're probably going to want to check out the all day street festival the neighborhood is hosting on Saturday. The festival organizers aim to "celebrat[e] the diverse collection of businesses, both old and new, with a daylong street fest featuring food and activities from district neighbors and partners including Trader Joe’s, Politics and Prose, Cotton & Reed, Masseria, Pluma, A. Litteri, Blue Bottle, DC United and more."
From a press release:
Bordered by New York Avenue, Florida Avenue and 6th Street NE, the festival will be spread across the entire Union Market District, including venues 4th x Neal, Angelika, Dock 5, 4th x Morse Street and the Market itself.
From all-day live music at Neal Place to a pop-up bookshop by Politics & Prose and a bevy of food trucks lining Neal Place NE, the entire district, long known for attracting innovative retail as well as launching and scaling businesses, will be activated for a day of creativity and community.
World class chefs will be on hand for cooking tips while DC United players lead a youth workshop. Michelin-starred chef Nick Stefanelli will be selling breakfast sandwiches on Masseria's patio and Instagram influencers Tamon George and Gary Williams of Creative Theory will take portrait photos in the historic alley of 4th x Neal. Meet under the Yoko Ono mural on 6th Street for spoken word poetry and dance off the winter blues with DC’s favorite DJ's and live music.
Some of the featured attractions:
- Trader Joe’s: Outdoor flower market + recipe sampling station
- Politics and Prose: Story time + pop-up book sale
- Cotton & Reed with Coconut Club (WCP coverage): Pig Roast Party
- Cut Seven: Free 60-minute boot camp class @ Dock 5 9:30am
- The Bruery: White Chocolate Cherry beer launch + chocolate pairing tasting
- Nalls Produce: Outdoor spring gardening market
- Creative Theory: Portrait installation + photo shoot @ the Gallery at 4th x Neal
- S3 Active: Daylong pop-up shop @ Dock 5
- Flywheel: Free 60-minute Flybarre class @ Dock 5 (1-2pm, pre-register)
- Yoga with Nya: Free 60-minute vinyasa yoga w/Nya Alemayhu (3-4pm, pre-register & bring a mat)
- The Wing: Mobile truck + free coffee
- Masseria: Breakfast sandwiches + cocktails
- Spoken in Music: Live jazz performance on Neal Place
- Twenty20 Band: Performance on Neal Place
- DC United: Meet-and-greets with players + giveaways
- HUGE: Social and digital tips
- DC Scores: Soccer skills workshop for kids + spoken word poetry performances
- Expert Booth: Seek 60 second advice on anything from tech to business strategy to romance and more
- Brief Assembly: Shop a curated selection of home, beauty + fashion products at 4th x Neal
- Peruvian Brothers: Food truck on Neal Place
- Benjamin Gates: Duke Ellington graduate, live electric cello performance
- Wheatley Education Campus: Student music ensemble
- Hugh & Crye: Warehouse sale at 4th x Neal
- O-Ku Sushi preview