Thursday, September 14, 2006

H Street Gravitas in WP

You really should read (or at least skim for relevant sections) this online discussion about going out in and around DC. There's quite a bit of pro-H Street discussion in there due largely to Fritz Hahn, who seems quite smitten with H Street. Thank you Mr. Hahn, & thanks to Ben for pointing this one out. Is case anyne is curious about the Ghanian place, it's called Daavi's. The owner was once associated (somehow) with Adams Morgan's Ghana Cafe. The decor leaves something to be desired. My personal experience with Ghanian food is too limited to evaluate the quality, but I found myself craving the stuff after my first visit & I craved it enough to return more than once. I'll also mention that they have plans in the works for an outdoor patio in the back.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was good to see a number of people chiming in w/ good experiences. The one guy bringing up the mugging and burned body...hell, you can be killed in Dupont probably just as easily.
I wonder what effect there would be if all the bars put up security cameras that covered the outside areas and then made that fact well known. My neighbor's got one and it records several days' worth of footage on a DVR. I wonder if patrons would see that as a plus or a negative.