Big Plans at the Argo
The following is a comment (slightly modified) left by Argonaut owner Scott Magnuson. But take a look, because he outlines some of the really big changes coming soon to the Argo:
Yes Soul Searcher, I am a very lucky guy! I have a beautiful and very supportive wife (who is also a great mother), a loyal staff that has stuck with us through all of this, and a community that makes me very proud to be a part of!
Here are a few things everyone can look forward to when reopen the downstairs.
1. a bigger outdoor space with a garden style drinking area, a covered year round portion on the existing patio and an outdoor portion of our new bar.
2. a bigger indoor/outdoor, bar. moved to the point, not separate from the dining space for a much inproved atmosphere. designed by the great Lee Wealer as a scaled down version of an ancient great ship.
3. a redesigned kitchen, (almost an open kitchen)
4. a service counter to contain supplies and speed up service.
5. new kitchen equipment including a new steamer in which we will be doing steamed shrimp, crablegs, clams, and other seafood in which we can offer steamer specials on a nightly basis.
6. new smaller cleaner mens bathroom.
7. new cleaner interior and exterior look
8. new old dinning room floor which will be level. (don't worry we are using all of the old floor on the new bar)
9. We are playing with the idea of a communal table
10. Bigger Beer list with 12 beers on tap. we are building a walk in and running draft lines to both bars.
11. Bigger kick ass wine list.
12. we are adding to our already large rum list as well.
I can't give you an accurate time line at this point, we are still at the hands of insurance and PEPCO. Hopefully around 8 to 12 weeks.
Thank you all for your support. If you haven't checked out the redesigned upstairs please do so.
This Friday we will Have a food truck Sausa.
and fatface BBQ will be with us every Sunday for football from, 12 to 8.
If anyone has any questions or concerns you can email me dirrectly at scott[at]argonautdc.com.