Tuesday, December 14, 2010

HSGS: Angelico's Moves a Little East


sunday_pizza, originally uploaded by rrazor.

I've been a tad busy recently, but there has been plenty of local news about. Angelico, originally slated to open at 1387 H Street (the former Sun and Moon building) has migrated to 1421 H Street.  1387, meanwhile has taken on a life of its own, having transformed from Angelico, to Il Garage, to Desperados, to Slice of Life. The 1387 plan is far more expansive and eclectic than the simple good pizza Angelico plans to offer (and, ahem, deliver) at 1421.  That said, both are sit-down restaurants, and both plan to serve alcohol, and feature patio seating. Read more at H Street Great Street, and Prince of Petworth. As PoP notes, it is great news to see more stuff opening up in the 1400 block of H Street. This should make it a little less lonely down there for attractions like the Argonaut (which should fully reopen January 15th), the C.A.T. Walk, and that random psychic that replaced the liquor store.

5 comments:

Poo poo pee doo said...

Glad yer back. :-)

oboe said...

I like that both are slated to be "sit-down" restaurants. So we'll be dodging the litter and suburban d-bag effect of "Jumbo Slice" -type pizza joints for a while longer.

(Yes, I'm talking about Adams-Morgan, and Yes, Virginia, assholes of all races and creeds litter...)

Anonymous said...

I'm a little late to this post...but am I the only one who wonders what goes on with that building? Squatters, contractors, and X-factors proliferate - and no sign of pizza in the next year.

Anonymous said...

I'm so tired of hearing about these pizza places. It's like with the Biergarden. Open. Or don't. At the location you're at. Or somewhere else. Under some name. Or a different name. I don't care. Just get back to me when we're close to it being real.

Anonymous said...

The other day I was walking by and saw some squatters inside the building with the door wide open. One guy was out front smoking a cig. I walked up to get a light from him and he told me to get the f* out of here.."this is invitation only." This was in the afternoon in broad daylight too.