Monday, January 09, 2006

A Few Changes in the 1400 block of H Street

IMG_1007.JPG
(Sorry if the orange looks a little neon, but the overcast skys really amplifies the colors)

The cold weather months seem to have a way of slowing down visible changes (fewer people out painting/replacing windows/doing yard work). So, I was a little surprised to see some new coats of paint on a couple of buildings on the 1400 block. Maybe by the time spring rolls around we'll have some nice surprises developing down there. I may have noticed a few more changes as I walked down the 1300 & 1400 blocks of H because I was comparing what I saw with the the HSMS business directory (which I think was last updated in 2004). Definite differences (mostly in the 1300 block).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is Helen's Daughter's House. I noticed that on one of the signs in the photo.

inked said...

I'm not sure what this is. I noticed that the HSMS lists this space as being occupied by Heritage House Interiors (which it lists under "Home & Furniture"). I don't know if the changed the business name, or if this is a different place entirely.