Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Progress on Former Site of Da Place

I just wanted to mention that I have recently noticed some nice progress at the former home of Brother Bey's Da Place (400 block of H Street). The new owners have expressed an interest in following in carrying on Brother Bey's legacy. Now visible in the window is a display of African style wood carvings & I can also see a wall rack of incense. They don't appear to be open yet, but I'm glad to see that they appear to be working on a plan.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wood carvings and insense, thank goodness! For a minute there I thought it would be yet another totaly useless storefront on H street.

inked said...

To be fair (assuming that I'm correctly informed), this business is replacing a similar business that did not go out of business, but was closed because its owner became ill.