Wednesday, March 29, 2006

The Future of the Luna Laudromat Space?

P1010106.JPG
There is a great deal of work going on in the former home of Luna Laundromat (400 block of H Street). Anyone have the scoop on what might being go in there?

I'm going to miss the Luna sign. I can't decide if I like it better than this sign for a defunct laundromat on Bladensburg Road.
P1010126
I think I'm going to have to go with Delux-O-Mat as slightly cooler for the retro design, but Luna as more creative & funky overall. Both are way better than the crappy laundromat down the street from me (Trinidad Ave & Florida Ave).

**********************************
UPDATE
**********************************
I was just down there, & apparently, it is going to be a hot yoga studio.

5 comments:

Sean Hennessey said...

hey! my friend Marty King made that Luna sign. she has a neon shop in eckington.

shes also has a damn cute litter of kittens if anyone is interested.....

Anonymous said...

I heard there is going to be a Yoga Studio there. Now that is the kind of thing that I would love to see on H street!!

Anonymous said...

I'm partial to the retro look as well, although the Luna sign gets points for creativity. I think a yoga studio would be an excellent addition to H street. So much is happening on the West end of H street - hopefully that will spur the middle of H street to kick it up a notch.

Richard Layman said...

You don't have to choose, you can love both of these signs. R

inked said...

Well, I'm just glad that I have photos of both, since both signs will eventually go bye-bye (Delux-O-Mat is defunct). I hope the sign for the yoga place will be just as nice. Also, what's up with the rumor of 2 yoga places going in on the same block? Is it one hot & one cold?