A look at what's going on in Trinidad, on H Street, and in the larger area north of Capitol Hill.
Pages
▼
Friday, December 29, 2006
Horace & Dickie's on Travel Channel
Travel Channel's Taste of America recently aired an episode featuring Horace & Dickie's (12th Street, immediately north of H). The episode will re-air January 8th at 12pm. Thanks to Monkey Erotica for the heads up.
Horace and Dickie regularly has very long lines extending far beyond the door (and not just from people in the neighborhood). I fully expect that they'll be around for years to come.
Alan -- thanks for the clarification. I thought it referred to some sort of remodelling going on at Horace & Dickie's, which I hadn't seen in my last visit there a week and a half or so ago.
I don't see any obvious reason why they wouldn't survive, if the folks coming into the area to go to H Street bars know about it and want something to eat when they leave. The trick is where those people would sit, I guess.
Guys, please be polite. Remember that these people are your neighbors. I ask also that anonymous users leave some kind of tag [e.g. big green cat] for the sake of being able to follow a thread. Be respectful and have fun.
I love Horace & Dickie's but I doubt that they will survive the makeover.
ReplyDeleteI sincerely hpe that they do.
Horace and Dickie regularly has very long lines extending far beyond the door (and not just from people in the neighborhood). I fully expect that they'll be around for years to come.
ReplyDeleteWhat makeover?
ReplyDeleteI keep meaning to try their chicken -- I've heard it's very good -- but every time I go in I end up taking home a mountain of fish instead.
Chris,
ReplyDeleteI think the reference was to the makeover / revitalization in process on H Street.
I also hope that Horace & Dickie's survives--perhaps they could move to a larger space and offer sit-down dining. That would be sweet.
Best,
Alan Kimber
Commissioner-Elect, ANC 6c05
(c) 202-390-0235
Blog: http://anc6c05.blogspot.com
Alan -- thanks for the clarification. I thought it referred to some sort of remodelling going on at Horace & Dickie's, which I hadn't seen in my last visit there a week and a half or so ago.
ReplyDeleteI don't see any obvious reason why they wouldn't survive, if the folks coming into the area to go to H Street bars know about it and want something to eat when they leave. The trick is where those people would sit, I guess.
Good luck Horace & Dickie's for your make-over.
ReplyDelete