Monday, June 30, 2008

Sherwood Soccer

The following went out on the 6A listserv-

Anyone interested in playing regularly on Wednesday nights, starting around 6:30? The pitch is pretty rough, but it could be fun if we get a good turnout. We may even get some of the neighborhood kids to join in. I had some kids come up and ask me how to play when I was kicking the ball around. I'm no Beckham, but I showed them a few pointers ;)

Let me know if you're interested.

Omar

You can reach Omar at familymahmud[at]yahoo.com. I plan to also mention this on the Trinidad listserv as I've played backyard soccer with more than one local kid. I suck because I haven't played for a team since 1988, but they still seem to enjoy it. It would be terrific if this could turn into a regular pick-up game with guidance.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I would be interested. I am not experienced, but it would be fun to join up. Where is the field?

inked said...

10th and G.

inked said...

I think I'd love an informal game. It could be a really good stress reliever [and much needed exercise]. This could be a really good way to meet people and get local kids involved.

Anonymous said...

I think this would be great for the community. I don't play soccer, but the dog and I would come watch.

Anonymous said...

I used to play as a youth I am very interested in taking time out to organize this for the youths to go beyond just pick up games after a while. It would be great to have a youth neighborhood teams in the "National Capital Soccer League"

Unknown said...

Hi, I am very interested in playing soccer with you guys.
I live not so far from your field in Acker Pl btwn E and F NE
I will try to show up Wednesday Mohamed Ahammam