Sunday, November 01, 2009

Halloween on H Street

photo-2
Photo by Lenny

We started out by picking up some very tasty food from Souk, and then I walked down the street  while my friends waited for their food. It was still early (before 9), but the rain seemed to be keeping people away. I did see a couple of pint size trick or treaters on H Street receive candy from costumed Palace of Wonders owner Priscilla. After that we hit up a house party in Trinidad, and then the Argonaut for the end of the night. 

Any one else spend part, or all of Halloween on H Street?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

By 1 or 2 am it was pretty packed out. H Street Country Club had a lot of people and there seemed to be a lot of people coming from Rock and Roll Hotel. Some great costumes too.

roxanneismyalterego said...

I started at Sova for a round and then headed out to H Street to find other places to show my friend from VA. The line at Rock and Roll Hotel was too long, and Sticky Rice was packed. I was hoping to show him Little Miss Whiskey's but they were charging $15 at the door, which I balked at. We headed back to Sova and danced to some GREAT tunes for the rest of the night.

akire said...

Those were my kiddos who got candy from Palace of Wonders! We stopped by Souk too because I had read here that it was already opened. I have high hopes for Souk once they work out some of the kinks, but I was a little disappointed with the schawarma (the red sauce was something I've never seen before in this type of cuisine and it tasted a lot like canned spaghetti sauce), but the lamb kotlet and salad were delicious. We'll defintely go back.

nikkiO said...

We hit Miss Whiskeys, R&R Hotel, H St. CC and Argo.
Argo's music was terrible and where were the decorations? For a Halloween party it felt like every other night but with worse music. Miss Whiskeys was fun but pretty dead until late which was fine. More room to dance. Special thanks to the cowgirls for the free drinks! R&R Hotel was good but I don't remember it much since it was towards the end of the night. Same with H St. CC except for their terrible bathroom lines. My friend had to pee in the alley because she had to wait so long.