Pages

Thursday, July 29, 2010

What's Your Zip Code/Neighborhood?

A reader asked an interesting question the other day when I suggested that a large portion, or most, of Frozen Tropics' readers live in the 20002 zip code. So where do you live, dear readers? I'm really curious.

115 comments:

  1. Yup 20002 / Near Northeast / north of H / whatever they call the neighborhood now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 20020 (Anacostia) until recently. Now 20003 (Navy Yard).

    ReplyDelete
  3. 20002....13th and Wylie

    ReplyDelete
  4. 20002, formally of 20007.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Capital Hill North (CHINO)Jul 30, 2010, 8:00:00 AM

    Two, triple-0, two.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 20002 (13th & h)

    ReplyDelete
  7. 20002; 7th and K NE

    ReplyDelete
  8. 20002-I & 12th NE aka Old City 1

    ReplyDelete
  9. 20002 - Trinidad also!

    ReplyDelete
  10. 20002 15th and Ames

    ReplyDelete
  11. 20002; 13th and H

    ReplyDelete
  12. 20018, Brookland

    ReplyDelete
  13. 20009 Mt. Pleasant/Columbia Heights

    ReplyDelete
  14. 20002 19th & H NE - other side of Hechinger

    ReplyDelete
  15. 20002 since recently and 20003 (barney circle/hill east) before.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm a 20002, but I didn't post the name of my neighborhood in my earlier post because I don't know- yet! I live on 8th and L street (the closest major streets are Florida and West Virginia). What's this area called? I believe Trinidad starts at the corner of Wva and Florida, going northeast. Someone said I live in Old Ivy City? Someone else said I'm in the Atlas District? Yet another person said I'm in North Capitol Hill? Hope you can help tell me what neighborhood I live in!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. 20002 - Lincoln Park

    ReplyDelete
  18. 20002 - 8th and I Street / Near NE

    ReplyDelete
  19. 20002, 11th and Maryland

    ReplyDelete
  20. 20002 - Between H and K on 2nd

    ReplyDelete
  21. 20002 12 & D

    ReplyDelete
  22. 20002 11th and D NE

    ReplyDelete
  23. 20003...but the 90s help keep me connected to 20002.

    ReplyDelete
  24. 20002 - Linden Court. The Court, not the better than thou's with pavement and sidewalk on the Street.

    ReplyDelete
  25. 20002 - 15th and C

    @Raychelle I think you're technically Near Northeast?

    ReplyDelete
  26. @ raychelle

    I think you would officially be considered "Old City 1" or "Near Northeast". It seems as though the whole area North-South from Maryland Ave NE to Florida Ave NE and East-West from 3rd St, NE to 15th St, NE is generally being referred to as the "H Street Corridor" these days - and that is a good thing IMHO.

    Farther down from 10th or 12th to 15th (not sure exactly) is probably the "Atlas District". Of course, I think all of the new monikers for this area are Realtor driven - for instance MoCo or SoFlo. I like the inclusive nature of calling this entire area the H Street corridor. Not to exclude Trinidad, of course! This way all of the development from 3rd, all the way to 15th and beyond has a particular unity that we can all get behind. I’m not a big fan of the parceling of a few blocks into a “district”.

    Seems like my post almost became a rant. Sorry about that. It wasn’t intended that way. Just so you all know, I am a long time reader of this blog and a resident. Yay for 20002! And for Frozen Tropics!

    ReplyDelete
  27. 20002 - 15th & F Sts.

    dan

    ReplyDelete
  28. 20002 - 4th and F

    ReplyDelete
  29. 20002, 11th & H NE

    ReplyDelete
  30. 20002
    7th & F, which could be Stanton Park or Old City #1 or Capitol Hill or H Street. But it's not the Atlas District or NoMA.

    ReplyDelete
  31. 20003- But looking to move toward 20002!

    ReplyDelete
  32. 20002 - 11th and H Sts.NE

    ReplyDelete
  33. 20002
    7th & E (Stanton Park, I think)

    ReplyDelete
  34. 20002, Like anon @ 9:57, I'm at 7th & F.

    Sometimes I tell people I live near Union Station, sometimes I say Capitol Hill, sometimes I say Stanton Park, sometimes I say the H Street area. So yeah, I don't know what to call my neighborhood!

    ReplyDelete
  35. 20002 11th and G NE. Called Capitol Hill but I think it's technically Old City. Now the Atlas District.

    ReplyDelete
  36. 22042 (please don't look that up - it's suburbia). reading your blog because i'm looking to move over to your neck of the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  37. 20002 since 2006, except for a year when I lived in 20037 (but I kept reading Frozen Tropics). I came back to 20002.

    ReplyDelete
  38. 20002 - 12th St. NE between C & D.

    ReplyDelete
  39. thanks @anon

    H street Corridor it is! :)

    ReplyDelete
  40. 20002 Near 12th & Maryland

    ReplyDelete
  41. 2
    0
    0
    0
    2

    I also wonder how many regular FT readers there are in all.

    ReplyDelete
  42. 7th and H....I'm gonna go take a piss in the alley now

    ReplyDelete
  43. Two Thousand and Two

    ReplyDelete
  44. ~20002~
    Capitol Hill North? North Capitol Hill? NoMa?

    Whatever you call it, it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Another 20002 -- 10th & Maryland

    ReplyDelete
  46. 2 triple O 2. 4th and K.

    H St FTW! Or maybe Near Northeast. Or Old City #1. Or SoFla. Or Chino. Where ever we are, glad to be here.

    ReplyDelete
  47. H and 10th! 20002

    ReplyDelete
  48. 20003 - 6th and Pennsylvania SE

    ReplyDelete
  49. Live in 22209
    Work in 200018

    ReplyDelete
  50. 22205. Arlington.

    ReplyDelete
  51. 20002 5th & H NE
    Near Northeast, though the real estate folks call it Cap Hill North.

    ReplyDelete
  52. 20002 - Carver/Langston; 19th and Benning/19th and H area.

    ReplyDelete
  53. Two Zero Zero Zero Two. 15th & Gales. Atlas Shrugged.

    ReplyDelete
  54. 20002... atlas alley :)

    ReplyDelete
  55. 20002 florida and 10th. Trinid-atlas?

    ReplyDelete
  56. 20002 17th and L

    ReplyDelete
  57. 20002 D & 16th :)

    ReplyDelete
  58. 20901 but just moved here from 20002 and plan to keep visiting the old neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
  59. 20003. 11th and E Cap.

    ReplyDelete
  60. 20002, boyyeeeeeeeeee

    ReplyDelete
  61. 20002. 5th and D NE

    ReplyDelete
  62. 20024. Was a 20005 within the last year.

    ReplyDelete
  63. Oops, last anon- was 20002 in the last year. Work in 05 :-)

    ReplyDelete
  64. 20002 "Capitol Hill"

    ReplyDelete
  65. 20002! Rosedale:)

    ReplyDelete
  66. it's da poo again!Aug 2, 2010, 9:57:00 AM

    just moved from 20002 to 20018 over the weekend. will still be reading your blog...

    ReplyDelete
  67. 20002 Kingman Park/Cap Hill East (17th Pl)
    formerly of Near Northeast (8th & L)

    ReplyDelete
  68. 20002 7th and I NE AKA Near Northeast

    ReplyDelete
  69. 20003 (eastern mkt)

    ReplyDelete
  70. 20001 (Mt Vernon Triangle)

    ReplyDelete

Guys, please be polite. Remember that these people are your neighbors. I ask also that anonymous users leave some kind of tag [e.g. big green cat] for the sake of being able to follow a thread. Be respectful and have fun.