Sunday, October 03, 2010

Candidate Statement: Camille Jean-Esther Tucker for ANC 5B10

I previously offered to post candidate statements for residents running for local ANCs. This is one such statement. Unless otherwise indicated, the mere posting of this statement does not indicated an endorsement:

My name is Camille Jean-Esther Tucker and I am running against India Henderson for ANC-5B10. I am a proud resident and homeowner in this community and I will do a better job serving you because:

• I currently serve as your Assistant Attorney General representing the District of Columbia in the prosecution of child abuse and neglect. As a prosecuting attorney assigned to close to 100 cases, I possess the skills and ability to multitask, assess problems, organize solutions, and work with others to get the job done. I will use that same skill set to implement needed change to improve our community.

• I am a member of the Trinidad Neighborhood Association, I also sit on the Trinidad Neighborhood Advisory Board for the new Hyacinth Women’s Facility, and I attend various community clean up events.

• I worked closely with MPD in their ongoing efforts to increase public safety and decrease crime and drugs in our community

My Action Plan As Your ANC-5B10 Includes:

• Learning your concerns and frustrations so we speak with one voice to improve the overall quality of life in our community.

• I will work to open the dialogue between city leaders, city service providers, area landlords, and most importantly YOU! This must occur to stop the lack of attention and poor responsiveness to our needs. I especially want to advance aggressive city enforcement of existing laws which are designed to prevent improper trash disposal, unkempt vacant lots and dwellings, and irresponsible landlords, and of course the ongoing rat problem!

• I will work with city leaders to help attract better businesses to our neighborhoods that must employ local residents and serve to enhance our community. We don’t need another liquor store!

• I will also work with others to organize an Educational Summit with school principals, parents, and citizens from our community. The summit will provide a forum to better understand how our community can support our schools in educating our children.

THE DISTRICT CAN DO BETTER! WITH YOUR HELP WE CAN BUT I NEED YOUR VOTE! We don’t need existing ineffective, divisive, and unproductive leaders. We need cooperation and hard work to become the premiere community and shining star of Ward 5 and the District. I welcome your comments and discussion and would appreciate your vote on November 2, 2010! THANK YOU. CamilleTucker[at]rocketmail.com or 202-518-8590

No comments: