Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Found Cat

IMG_0466

I received the following note from a reader:


We are avid readers of your blog, and know you often post pictures of found animals in the neighborhood. This young cat (photo attached) showed up on our front porch [at 16th and D the night before last] and we have it in a covered box with a heating pad and tons of towels at the moment...but we need to find her owner as my fiance is highly allergic to cats and we can't have her in the house.

It's very friendly, young, and LOVES people.

Can you please post this picture and let us know if anyone is missing him/her?

7 comments:

aliza said...

I'm not the owner, but I can take the cat in so it's not outside. I'm only a couple blocks away. Shoot me an e-mail at aliza(at)alum(dot)bu(dot)edu.

Kevin said...

This little kitty was stopping by our porch this week. We gave it a little food and left out some blankets. Glad its ok... and hope he/she finds a good home soon.

tubbs said...

Kevin, you sound like a nice fellow. Obviously not nearly as nice as Aliza, since you left the poor thing out in the cold. However, all things considered, you sound like an alright dude.

Aliza, pro tip: put it in a pillowcase, swing it around your head a dozen or so times, and then dump it out on the floor. BANG. Sideways cat! If you're going to feed and shelter the filthy creatures, they may as well earn their keep in entertainment value. trust me, Kant would totally approve.

aliza said...

I've had him since Thurs. He's living in my half bath, eating kitten food left over from when my cats were kittens. He's between four and six months and has not been neutered. He's very friendly, and not too scared of my (much bigger) alpha male. Hopefully we can find his owner soon!

tubbs said...

that's awesome. Double Bonus: put a pile of food under the tap, then turn it on while it's eating. Comedy Gold!

Seo Course Delhi said...

Such a nice cat! I will find also a. We gave it a little food and left out some blankets. Glad its ok... and hope he/she finds a good home soon.
Seo Course Delhi

Golden Silence said...

tubbs, do you have multiple personality disorder or something? Don't congratulate these people on taking care of this cat then make some ignorant joke about harming the cat.

Good luck in finding its owner, and awesome of those who've taken it in who've been taking care of it.