Thursday, March 03, 2011

Andy Solberg Takes the Helm at 5-D

He moves here from 2-D, where he's generally been quite popular. Read his introductory email after the jump.



Hello 5D!

I am Andy Solberg, a 23-year member of the MPD and as of today, I will be trying to replace Lamar Greene as your District Commander.

As you know, Cmdr. Greene is now Assistant Chief Greene. When I met this afternoon with Chief Lanier, she laid out for me all the successes the Fifth District had with Cmdr. Greene as the leader.

I hope I am able to accomplish as much as he did, and I certainly look forward to this challenge.

I also am eager to meet with the people who live in and work in the Fifth District.

During my career with the MPD, I have been assigned to every patrol district except for the Fifth District, and not only is it the one area where I have always wanted to work, it is now my new home.

I will be available to all of you at andrew.solberg@dc.gov, and by cell phone at 202-345-1008.

I know I will meet many of you in the coming days, but certainly if you want to get in touch with me before I find you, contact me at the above email address or by phone.

Thanks,

Andrew "Andy" Solberg
Your new commander in the Fifth District

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is excellent news ! This guy is accessible and accountable to the community. Note to lazy slothful cops, your days are numbered.