A Kickstarter campaign for Red Bear Brewing Co. (209 M St. NE) is well underway. They currently have 23 days remaining on their Kickstarter, but they've already passed their initial base goal of $10,000. Red Bear is already "fully funded with both construction and equipment covered" so the Kickstarter is really about the chance to add some fun and unique enhancements and features to the space. So far 121 backers have pledged $12,714 to help make the new brewery truly awesome. The brewers have big plans that include custom designed tables so you can spread out and play the more than 100 boardgames they will have on-hand, a large (12' x 50') mural, and other "unique, fun visuals installed around the brewery."
According to their Kickstarter page they plan to launch their taproom (large enough to hold 300 people) with 10 beers on tap, and continue expanding the line-up until they reach 20 brews. Here's a look at some of their planned initial beers:
- Red Ale - With malty focus and notes of pine and grapefruit
- Porter - Smooth with caramel and toffee tones.
- Pale Ale - Aromatic and citrusy. Very sessionable.
- ESB - An extra malty, traditional English bitter.
- American IPA - A good, standard IPA, with lots of hops and citrus notes.
- Double IPA - Featuring high IBU's and it brings all the juicy boys and girls to the yard.
- Sour - Inspired by the Manhattan drink, with cherry and almond flavors.
- Belgian Wit - light and flavorful with orange and coriander notes.
- Saison - Spicy and fragrant Saison-Rye with Rosemary!
- American Wheat Ale - A refreshing light ale with hibiscus flavors.
For initial seasonal brews:
- German Bock - A tasty bock with chocolate and strawberry notes.
- Milk Stout - A creamy milk stout with peanut butter and chocolate flavor added in.