Tuesday, January 11, 2005

The Big Search Last Night

I was a little tired last night, so I headed to bed early. Around 11:30pm I heard some noises and looked out the window to the alley between Florida and Morse. I saw about six police cars in the alley with more arriving quickly. I could see more police activity on Montello. I watched as the arriving officers left their cars and huddled in the middle. I saw flashlights switch on and start searching under cars and around backyards. An officer who walked into the alley from Morse shouted "ARMED! POSSIBLY ARMED!" There was at least one helicopter assisting. They searched all around for maybe 45 minutes. During this time additional police cars came and went as the search area expanded. So what was it? A drug bust gone wrong? A homicide? Nothing in the paper. Nothing on any local news websites. No news at all.

No comments: