Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Hill Rag: H Street Life

IMG_0131
Art on display during the 2005 H Street Festival
The Hill Rag has a piece on the new arts offerings in the 400 block of H Street (the art classes I mentioned this morning, and the Dissident Gallery across the street), and the upcoming bar opening in the 1200 and 1300 blocks of H Street. It also mentions that new art galleries are expected to open across the street from the Rock and Roll Hotel (which, despite what the article says, is located in the 1300 block of H Street, rather than the 1200 block).
IMG_0096
a not yet open gallery in the 1300 block

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is the site that maps out all the existing and upcoming businesses on H Street? Thanks!

inked said...

There's not a site that does this on an ongoing basis. I think you are refering to a recent Washington Post piece. I'll try to dig up the map if I get a chance today.

inked said...

I think this is what you are seeking.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Elise.

What I'm remembering is very similar to what you provided -- however it provides an aerial view of the actual buildings and you can click on the highlighted establishment for tidbits about the place.

inked said...

In that case you may be thinking of the Atlas District website. I'd give you the link, but it's currently offline. Can anyone think of another map like this?

Anonymous said...

You are right -- I think that may be it. Thanks for all your help.

I'm trying to encourage a few co-workers to buy in our hood and thought it would be useful for them to see what is presently or soon to come on the H.

Anonymous said...

Just in case Mr. Englert reads this post, I wouldn't mind doing webmaster duties for the Atlas District site as long as someone's paying for the hosting (money didn't seem to be an issue the last time it was discussed in this blog).
I'm currently administering and paying for the hosting for Trinidad-DC.org and given the static nature of the content on the Atlas District site, I don't think it would be that much work. I can be reached at hudba66-trinidad1 at yahoo dot com.