Monday, March 31, 2008

Info on the CHRS House Tour

Here's what I've been told via email-

In lieu of a Saturday evening reception, several dining establishments on H will provide complimentary beverages to ticketholders.

The tour will definitely include
-Sunday tea at the H Street Playhouse
-Mini walking tours of streets near the tour homes

Some of the non-historic district houses include, the Landmark Lofts, the penthouse at the Pierce School, a mid 1800's Gem on G Street, and a collection of three homes on a single block street.

The tour dates are May 9-10.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too bad this wasn't a April fools joke. Here all of this time, I thought that I lived in a neighboorhood, now I find out that I'mliving on the fringe of Cap Hill. Who asked us if we wanted to be on their "fringe"???


Capitol Hill Restoration Society's House and Garden Tour is May 10, 5 to 8 p.m., and May 11, noon to 5 p.m. The 51st annual tour is themed "Beyond the Boundaries," encouraging visitors to explore the fringes of Capitol Hill, areas near the H Street corridor and as far east as RFK Stadium. Fee: $25 in advance, $30 on tour weekend. 202-543-0425, http:/ / www.chrs.org.

Anonymous said...

I think you are living "in a neighborhood". I would say this is stated this way to bring more people to the tour. I live on Capitol Hill and when things were bad....everything was Capitol Hill, even north of H. I am very excited that the neighborhoods "beyond" the "Hill" are starting to have their own names and develop their own character with an influx of new life/residents. SoFlo, Hilleast, Swamppoodle, etc. I would like to see the names and the area boundaries solidified.

Look on the bright side, a whole lot of people who may have never had the nerve to venture into these areas will be exposed to them.