Tuesday, April 01, 2008

ANC 6A Split Over Margaritas

THE POST BELOW WAS PART OF AN APRIL FOOLS JOKE.
157792472_cac3230d6b_b
One proposed style of margarita. Photo by Esther17
A highly contentious mid-April ANC 6A meeting ended up in a 4-4 vote for frozen margaritas as opposed to margaritas on the rocks.
ANC Chairman Joe Fengler was adamantly opposed to Frozen.
"This is not Chi-Chi's, ladies and gentlemen. You start with a fine tequila--Sauza, Hornitos, Herradas, 1800, a dash of GM and then a couple of fresh squeezed limes and plenty of rocks. That's it. This legislative body is all about transparency--and this is as clear as it gets for a fine margarita."
"I think Lime-Aid is the only way to go," countered Mary Beatty. "It's smooth, it's sweet and I love the way it gives me a little ice headache." As Chair of the Alcoholic Beverage Licensing Committee I feel particularly qualified to speak on this subject.
This was followed by a second vote over salted rim versus plain. The motion for salt rimmed margaritas passed by a vote of 7-1.
Bill Schultheiss, head of the Transportation Committee then gave a presentation.
"I could bring the margarita fixings to the next meeting by either car or bicycle," he said. "I think it would be difficult to wear a Sombrero on my 18-speed though. The neighbor kids laugh at me when I'm in those sort of get-ups."
"It all depends on my wife and her new hot yoga class schedule," added Schultheiss. "She likes to drive the Saturn."

No comments: