Saturday, May 10, 2008

COUNT DOWN TO STICKY RICE!!!

Over the past several months I have increasingly been asked if I had any news on Sticky Rice's projected opening date. In fact, I was asked this question twice today during the roughly 20 minutes I spent at the farmers market. What made today different is that I could say I did have some information. The good folks behind Sticky Rice have not only been working hard to get everything right, they've also been kind enough to send in some photos and details. As you can see from the photos the space is on two levels and includes outdoor seating. So here is their message-

The original Sticky Rice was started 8 years ago in Richmond and we're happy to announce that it's finally opening it's second location in Washington DC at 1224 H St NE. Known for its charming atmosphere and bad attitude it combines a great dinning experience w/ loads of entertainment and late night fun. Who would have thought that mixing All American tater tots with a full sushi bar and an extensive selection of Pan-Asian and American specialities would work?? We're hoping you'll come find out just how well it does. Come to eat and stay to play.........

Opening the week of May 20th, stay glued to Frozen Tropics as we will post the exact day for opening here!

Come visit us @ www.stickyricedc.com and join our mailing list too!!


Monday: SUSHI HEAVEN- delicious and fresh for half the price from 10:30 to 12:30

Tuesday: KARAOKE -the longest running karaoke night in Richmond lands in DC. You never know what's going to happen when you're the star!

Wednesday: DJ Night.

Thursday: BLINGO- Sticky Rice's own speed bingo, free to play but hard to win. Keep track as the numbers fly by and the excitement grows.


Friday and Saturday: DJ NIGHT- resident DJ's and bar tenders play personal fav's and video's until 3am.


Sunday: PIKO- a 4 years Richmond tradition. Quite possibly the GREATEST trivia night on Earth. Over 10,000 questions and crazy dare challenges.

HOURS:

sun-th: 5pm-2am

fri-sat: 5pm-3am

Come visit us @ www.stickyricedc.com and join our mailing list!



2443984989_e7b4e41201_b
2443986687_40070ed060_b
2443991121_ea52f2f668_b
2443992257_fdee8e3264_b
2444812036_1de34b4012_b
2444812358_a2743c4573_b
2444812896_a3650fdb22_b

Check out more of their photos on Flickr.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to it :-)
I want to put in a word for another option on the street that hasn't been mentioned in a while. I got some take-out from Naby's Island the other day and it was delicious.

Anonymous said...

Any idea when prices are going up on the website? The menu has the items but not cost. Jujst wondering what this place will set me back.

Anonymous said...

I absolutely, positively can't wait for this opening.

Naby's is also great. The guys there seem real laid back and personable. I hope they stay in the area too.

Anonymous said...

This is great news. Can't wait for this place to open.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and while my wife and I have been eagerly anticipating Sticky Rice's opening, we too would like to give a hearty recommendation to Naby's Island. Saturday's saltfish specials are particularly worth the visit, though the jerk shrimp and curried goat are phenomenal as well. The owners were telling us that they're planning on outdoor seating in the future. Any place I can get a good Jamaican meal with a cold Red Stripe is always a plus.

Alan Page said...

sticky rice looks beautiful!

naby's island is nice. all the folks who work there are great.

when is tropicana opening?

finally, some progress! :-)

Anonymous said...

I saw the inside as I walked by. It looks glooorious!!

Anonymous said...

Speaking of H St dining, last night we had dinner at Napa 1015 and that place was *jumping*. They may have been at full capacity and if not, were only one or two tables short.
The portabella mushroom starter was phenomenal and the gnocchi were very good.
How about XII...I still haven't had dinner there. Any reviews?

Anonymous said...

Nothing sticky about this rice! Haha

Unknown said...

While I am not gonna knock my Jamaican heritage....do we really need three Jamaican restaurants on H St. One really great one is enough. How about some latin flavor or a good Thai place. I may go straight to curried goat hell for this comment but, I had to make it.

Anonymous said...

simply A.W.E.S.O.M.E.

i now know where i'll be spending a sizeable portion of my disposable income.

welcome to the hood, sticky rice!

Hill Rat said...

Happy, happy!! Joy, joy!!

Anonymous said...

Sweet sweet sushi on the hill! Welcome Sticky Rice! We are beyond excited for the doors to open.

Linden Place Dweller

Anonymous said...

Now we just need a Kuba Kuba, Byrd Theatre, and Diversity Thrift, and I may never go back to Richmond again. Not to mention Plaza Bowl.

Anonymous said...

I only had the turkey sandwich at XII. It was okay. Took a while to prepare even though only four tables appeared to be occupied? First order was burned, sent it back and it came back fine the second time. The waittress apologized. Decor is nice. They had one guy playing music with a keyboard and electric drums who was borderline awful. He paused in between each 'composition' so there was a minute of silence for every three minutes of sonic horror. lol.

all in all, i'd say it was okay. sort of like cluck u with better decor and a bar?

Anonymous said...

My experience at XII (on a 1-10 scale, with 1=awful, 5-6=mediocre, 10=outstanding) was about a 6; the food was better but the decor was worse. But that was on their opening night, so I don't want to judge them too harshly.

Sticky Rice had prices up on the website earlier, but the prices went away. Maybe the menu was cribbed from the Richmond location, and the prices I saw were Richmond's and need adjustment.

Re: Naby's, I love their food, but they close too dang early each night. Every night I get home from work and they're already closed.

monkeyrotica said...

Any place that sells "sticky balls" I'm all over like white on rice.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for Sticky Rice!!!!
Finally Sushi within walking distance.
I stopped by and it is beautiful inside. The owner said that PBR's are $1.00 when it rain's. That's hilarious. :)

Anonymous said...

Any word on a definite opening date (assuming it is still set for this week??)