Monday, April 19, 2010

Don't Panic, There Was No Stabbing

Apparently the PSA 102 blog is incorrectly reporting a stabbing at Sticky Rice.

It looks like this is just confusion related to last week's ABRA hearing. Here's what I got from a reliable friend:


There was a tweet this afternoon from Nichole Remmert @NicholeAileen "I'm hearing there was a stabbing at @StickyRiceDC? Can anyone confirm or deny?"
I ran it down, spoke to Jason, and NO, there was no stabbing.
So I tweeted, "@nicholeaileen Nope. No knives @StickyRiceDC other than for the eats. Jason confirmed."


I got a Direct Message from Nichole: "Someone might want to let Mr. Pittman know... http://bit.ly/b2ffBo"
Check that. http://mpd1dpsa102.blogspot.com/2010/04/stabbing-at-stick-rice.html


Yes, Bobby posts only "Stabbing at Sticky Rice, More information coming..." TODAY


Scott's wife Shareen (Argonaut) called Nichole after she saw the original tweet, What the Hell?
Shareen says that Bobby is OUT of TOWN.
This is probably related to the ABRA hearing last week about an altercation on the street in front of Sticky, that involved a knife but nobody got "punctured." Two drunks. ABRA heard it and no action was taken since it wasn't Sticky's fault.

9 comments:

Nick Alberti said...

Stabbing Is Old News
The incident that Mr. Pitman refers to happened several weeks ago. On Wed 4/14, the ABC Board held hearing to review the incident and determined that Sticky Rice was not at fault. The incident was the result of an unusual set of circumstances that is unlikely to reoccur.

H Street Landlord said...

What the heck was Nichole saying tell Bobby for, when she didn't know what was going on?

I understand safety is paramount, but are places going to get shut down if someone gets harmed in their place? Seems insane... how can a bar or restaurant be 100% responsible for all of their patrons' behavior?

Anonymous said...

I'm surprised that Nicole believed a word that Pittman said. I really thought that she was smarter than that.

Nichole said...

For Clarification:

The way that this happened was that the PSA 102 blog is in my RSS feed. When the post from yesterday popped up, I sent a tweet asking if anyone else had heard anything about this. I sent the tweet to get more information about the rumor, not as a report of fact.

My friend (the same "reliable friend" mentioned in the post) let me know right away that there was no incident and that this might have been referring to what happened outside of Sticky Rice a month or so ago.

I sent her a direct message via twitter w/ the link to the PSA 102 blog post with the sarcastic comment re Mr. Pittman ("Someone might want to let Mr. Pittman know..." ), since it was his blog post that duped me into believing this was a new incident and he's clearly just trying to drum up trouble.

And, yes, I AM normally smart enough to know not to believe him, but truthfully, the PSA102 blog has actually proved to be a resource on occasions in the past, so I wasn't sure which is why I floated it out to folks on twitter to see if anyone else was hearing the same rumor. As soon as multiple sources let me know that all was good, I sent another tweet to that end.

So yes, I was duped. Sorry guys. I tried to be careful to word my tweets so as not to be fear mongering or stating things that were untrue (unlike the PSA 102 blog post) and I was quick to clarify my error when friends let me know that Pittman was again trying to stir the pot.

Next time I'll know better.

Anonymous said...

Pittman has got to go. How can we have a PSA Coordinator who is solely responsible for the reduction in the police reimburseable detail? We are literally less safe because of this guy, but yet he gets to be the community representative to the police department. That's nuts!

Anonymous said...

Maybe they will sue him for libel?

Anonymous said...

It all comes down to this: in my opinion what Bobby Pittman has to say is unreliable.

not on parker said...

Just to further clarify: an individual (one "Anthony Roman") was apprehended at 1224 H Street NE at 4:30AM on 30 March for Aggravated Assault Knowingly While Armed. Upon his 31 March release, he received a "stay away" order that specifically identified Sticky Rice.

102 said...

After reading and hearing conflicting reports, I checked with our PSA 102 Lt and confirmed that there was indeed a stabbing inside Sticky Rice on 3/30/10. I have no further details at this time other than that the victim did sustain injuries. The incident is currently under investigation.