Tuesday, June 29, 2010

MPD Not Releasing Info on Murders

My email:

I'm thrilled to hear that you have caught one of the shooters in this vicious double murder. But there were two individuals directly involved. When I read the press release it proclaimed case closed. I hope you guys are still looking for the second person directly involved in this double murder.

I'd also like to get updates on three other area shootings:

Police Alert-shooting
shooting//0041 hours//1700 West Virginia Ave//no lookout DO NOT TAKE ACTION CALL 911 W/EVENT #I20100333611

I called the public info line on June 24th (the shooting occurred early the 23rd), and they said they had no record of the event. He called another department that should have been able to trace it by event number and they came up blank. I also asked about it here and got no response. So, was there a shooting, or wasn't there a shooting? I live here, and I deserve to know. I also run a local news website, and the readers want to know. We all (local residents) deserve to know. We want to know things like:
1. did the shooter and victim know each other;
2. were both parties residents of the neighborhood;
3. did the victim survive?

I have lived in Trinidad for 7 years, and I love were I live. We have some amazing cops who work around here. But I'm really frustrated by the lack of info flowing from MPD to local residents. I know MPD can't share most info, but you guys aren't even making a basic effort to release public info here, and that is NOT OK.

These are minimal info requests. I expect answers to the same questions regarding the shootings mentioned below:

shooting_0150 hrs_800 block of 21st NE No look out at this time DO NOT TAKE ACTION CALL 911 W/EVENT #I20100340134

Sent on: 06/26 02:13


shooting 0143 hours _1800 block of M street, NE _NO LOOKOUT GIVEN AT THIS TIME DO NOT TAKE ACTION CALL 911 W/EVENT #I20100340120

Sent on: 06/26 02:19

No comments: