Friday, July 25, 2008

There Will Be Cops...on Morse

Honestly, I don't know, but there are massive numbers of cops [including Groomes] in the 1200 block. Police are not giving out any info, just telling people to move on. There appear to be 2 bikes close to Groomes and the officers in the center of the cordoned off area [there are also many parked cars]. No further info available at this time. Some police cars, all 5-D have begun to leave.

===================
UPDATE
===================
Apparently this is all about the gold Intrepid used in the recent shootings. Police identified what appears to be the same car [now sporting permanent DC tags] in the 1200 block of Morse. The occupants of a blue vehicle located down the street exited their vehicle and attempted to enter the Intrepid, but were apprehended by the police mid-attempt. It looks like some arrests may have been made, and the questioning of one young male was on-going as I left the scene.

=======================
UPDATE
=======================
I think I was wrong about the arrest thing, someone who left after I did said everyone just seemed to go home and they didn't see anyone get arrested. I don't know if it was the same car, but police definitely seemed interested in that gold Intrepid for that reason last night.

6 comments:

Russ said...

Thanks for posting this stuff on here so fast

Anonymous said...

Any more news on this? I looked on news websites, as well as on the MPD-1D list (yeah, I know this is in 5D; but my perhaps-wrong understanding is that MPD doesn't put much information out over the 5D list, while the police on the 1D list do occasionally provide news about surrounding neighborhoods). I haven't seen or heard any more.

Unknown said...

In other police-related activity, does anyone have any concrete information on what happened at Florida Avenue and M Street at around 10am this morning? Neighbors said a man was found lying in the northbound side of Florida Avenue, and that police weren't sure if it was a hit-and-run or an assault (I saw the police hosing down the street, so I suspect it was bad). The police rerouted Northbound Florida traffic to 6th Street via Orleans Place at 7th Street.

Anonymous said...

I wrote on the 5D yahoo list....Thu or Fri I came out of my house and there's these unmarked cars and rough-looking not-in-uniform cops making a bust at the top of the 1300 block of Orren. I'm getting ready to pull out of my alley and a police cruiser blocks me in. Out walks a woman who looks suspiciously like the chief of police...I looked at the cruiser again and it had four stars on it. I decided not to ask her to move the car and left in the other direction. :-)
Good to see the efforts here in the neighborhood.

Anonymous said...

I agree, the police are great in this area. What I just became curious about is why their are police in the other districts that have nothing to do except sit around all day. Why doesn't the police department make other districts work the 5D area also. I would love to see cars from all districts in the area to show the police all over are concerned with it. What does a few less parking tickets in 3D really matter.

Anonymous said...

I saw a 6D cruiser sitting on Trinidad Ave yesterday, so your suggestion might've already been implemented.